This blog is a unique insight into Melbourne’s coffee scene by two ordinary blokes who are passionate about their espresso. We live in a city that is famous for its coffee and we aim to provide simple, straightforward views on the coffee we try. These are our personal opinions but hopefully give you, the consumer, honest and informed content. As such we write purely from a consumer’s point of view. We also encourage your comments and views.
Our most sincere (and belated) apologies to our followers of this blog. We have been unable to update or add new content since late 2010 due to personal and professional reasons. Our apologies also to the cafes that we have been unable to complete reviews of. We, SimonL and SamW, are not able to commit the necessary time and energy for further reviews in the future so therefore we have ceased to continue. We do hope that our readers have enjoyed the posts and gained an insight into how Melbourne coffee is presented today.We have had a great time bringing this blog to you and hope that all dedicated coffee drinkers keep supporting the wonderful independent cafes that are providing an amazing experience with the humble little coffee bean. It is one of the things that makes Melbourne a great place to live.
SimonL and SamW
How do we rate coffee? Click here.
- Auction Rooms – North Melbourne. Score 18.11/20
- Monk Bodhi Dharma – Balaclava. Score 17.83/20
- Dancing Goat Cafe – CBD. Score 17.46/20
- Proud Mary – Collingwood. Score 17.46/20
- Penny Farthing Espresso – Northcote. Score 17.16/20
- Three Bags Full – Abbotsford. Score 17.00/20
- Dukes Coffee Roasters – Windsor. Score 16.84/20.*
- Brother Baba Budan – CBD. Score 16.83/20
- Dead Man Espresso – South Melbourne. Score 16.63/20
- Liar, Liar – Hawthorn. Score 16.58/20
- Switchboard Cafe – City. Score 16.55/20
- Studio Movida – Kew. Score 16.50/20
- Collective Espresso – Camberwell. Score 16.50/20
- 7 Seeds – Carlton. Score 16.38/20
- Willim Espresso – Malvern. Score 16.33/20
- Keffa Han – Port Melbourne. Score 16.04
- Di Bella Roasting Warehouse – North Melbourne. Score 16.00/20
- Outpost – South Yarra. Score 15.92/20
- Atomica – Fitzroy. Score 15.92/20
- The Duchess of Spotswood – Spotswood. Score 15.83
- Espresso 3121 – Richmond. Score 15.71/20
- Crue Coffee Lounge – South Yarra. Score 15.63/20
- Barista – Prahran. Score 15.59/20
- Seven:am – Port Melbourne. Score 15.54/20
- The Maling Room – Canterbury. Score 15.33/20
- Postal Hall – CBD. Score 15.33/20
- Pellegrini’s – City. Score 14.05/20
Replete Providore – Hawthorn. Score 13.33/20
Mario’s – Hawthorn. Score 13.20/20
Unfinished reviews – Sorry!
Sonido!, Fitzroy. 1st review posted.
Sensory Lab, CBD. 2nd review posted.
Il Fornaio, St Kilda. 2nd review posted.
St Ali, South Melbourne. 2nd review posted
A Minor Place, Brunswick. 2nd review posted.
* Denotes a follow-up review has been completed and score has been updated. Follow-up reviews are usually undertaken after every eight months to one year and is on-going.