The Coffee – Total score out of 20.
The areas that contribute to this score include presentation, is it true to style, aroma and taste.
Once the final (3rd) review has been completed an overall summary will be posted separately. This will provide the reader with a general overview. Included in this summary will be:
- All scores of all coffees over the three reviews. In order of visit.
- A mean score of all the scores for all coffees.This is calculated by adding all the scores together and dividing by the number of coffees. i.e 9 coffees reviewed over three visits might total 130 points. This score is divided by 9 for an overall coffee score of 14.44.
- Links to all three reviews. Click on these links to read the 1st,2nd or 3rd reviews.
- What does this mean?
Mean Score of 13 points +. Getting There.
Mean Score of 14 points +. Recommended.
Mean Score of 16 points +. Highly Recommended.
Other areas considered:
Service ratings – score out of 5.
- Poor. They didn’t know I was there (I had to introduce myself)
- Below Average. Felt like I was an uninvited guest at a dinner party.
- Acceptable. Did the basic things right with the minimum of fuss.
- Above Average. Friendly, efficient and competent. Pays attention to the small details.
- Excellent. IBF (instant best friends)…We’re catching up for a coffee next week…
Ambiance ratings – score put of 5.
- This space would satisfy a mortician’s needs
- A bit of life, but I’m still looking around…
- A comforting place to come and hang…
- I could stay here for some time…
- I’m moving in next week…
Busy ratings – score out of 5.
- Signs of life – some tables were occupied.
- Some free tables and a couple of people were waiting for take-aways…
- Tables are hard to find and lots of take-aways were flying out the door…
- We were lucky to get seated and had to wait.